Nothing Can Steal Your Beauty – no, not even Cancer.

Yesterday was World Cancer Day, and earlier, in my makeup blog, I had the pleasure to welcome a guest blogger, Jackie Clark who wrote an article on women having cancer, to tell them that it doesn’t mean that they have to stop caring about their body, their beauty… You can read the post here: Keeping Beauty in Your Life.

Jackie writes in honour of women having mesothelioma cancer and has her own blog: The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Blog. You can also follow her on Twitter @CancerAlliance and believe me, her posts are worth it.

mesothelioma cancer alliance

Thanks to today’s technological advances, some cancers can be cured and thus we should not let ourselves be transported by the waves of the dead before the battle has even begun.

What if one day, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, you noticed that your little fever has become worse, you feel nauseous, you’ve lost too much weight… And after your medical check up at your local health centre, you come back home with the burden of the truth: you have cancer.

Crying and whining and desperation will be your first reactions. Even for the most optimists ones. Yes, we are all human, we are vulnerable to various microbes and diseases. We are mere mortals living a short span of life.

And now you are in the middle of the battlefield. You can smell death already.

But then, you have to shout, and thrust your sword forward. You won’t back down, because even if it’s 1% of chance that you’ll survive, it’s better to have tried fighting to be this 1% instead of already letting yourself fall into the remaining 99%.

Yes, indeed, there are many who have died, but there are even more who have survived. And during your treatment, you should live every moment of it. Wash away the smell of death and live on. Don’t waste your time in depression. You’ve lost weight and you’ve become paler, but it doesn’t mean you have to stop to look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that even with some nice clothes and hair brush and makeup you’ll be ugly.

No one is ugly. We are made from nature, from God. So we are beautiful, in any situation. A smile is beautiful.

smile and laugh

Women who love to style themselves, get trendy and all should keep up doing those things. Cancer shouldn’t stop you from dressing up and be radiant everyday. You have to control your feelings, your mood. You are the master, not the world, not cancer. You decide.

It demands a lot of mental effort, but in the end, positive thinking wins. 🙂

Cheers! Keep on smiling guys!

An Evil Nymph.

17 thoughts on “Nothing Can Steal Your Beauty – no, not even Cancer.

  1. Reblogged this on Hot chocolate and books and commented:
    Having a healthy outlook does wonders, those diagnosed shouldn’t lose hope but get, up get in there and kick cancer where it hurts and send it packing for good. Thanks for sharing Daphne 🙂

  2. True… our attitude makes a huge difference where health issues are concerned. Then, we have to fight it with all our might. TY for your wisdom young lady! 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s