First, I’d like to say Happy International Women’s Day – belated, I know – to all women who are standing up in their life for their rights right in the 21st century. 🙂
And then, I bet you are wondering what’s that title, well, I won’t beat about the bush, so An Evil Nymph’s Blog has been receiving blog awards since I last posted about them at the end of January. Thus since the beginning of February, awards have accumulated in my bookmark, constantly urging me everyday to put them out in a post, and today… is finally the day!
For most of the awards the rules are the same so: thank the person who gave it to you, post it on your blog, tell 7 (well the number varies…) random things about you and pass it on!
Let’s begin with: (so that I won’t have to repeat the same thing for every award…)
7 random things about me:
1. I’m an evil character who’s struggling to be good 🙂 Like Rumpelstiltskin.
2. I have a strange urge to eat preserved cherries.
3. I want a hat like the Mad Hatter’s!
4. I’m acting very childish lately. My excuse: it’s for my dose of imagination. As a writer, I need that.
5. I’ll turn 18 in exactly 54 days! (considering that we’re on the 10th of March)
6. I love paradoxes.
7. And finally… I’M TOTALLY ADDICTED TO ADVENTURE TIME. O.O That leads me to: I want to make an animation someday!
Okay, for this one, I have to finish the sentence: A good reader is…
A good reader is someone who doesn’t read with his eyes but with his heart.
For this one I have to answer these questions which have been made up by the blogger:
1. What are you currently reading?
A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin (in fact I’m struggling to find time to read!!)
2. What is your all-time favorite book?
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
3. What is your favorite genre of book to read?
Lately it’s been more about historical fantasy fiction…
4. Do you have any designs to be a novelist?
Yes I really want to become one!
5. Do you watch television? What is your favorite show?
I don’t really watch TV, I download and watch hehe… Omg am I obliged to choose only one?! Very well then: Once Upon A Time!
6. Do you write in silence, or do you need background noise?.
I can deal with both.
7. Do you speak a second language?
Yes. (you didn’t ask what it is but I guess most of you know that I speak French… in fact practically English is my second language)
8. Have you ever met anyone famous?
Politically famous? Yes, ministers and the President of our country also come at school or in important dinner parties… A celebrity (movie/song)? Uh… no. I don’t think so…
9. Do you prefer an urban home, a suburban home, or a rural home?
I guess an urban one? I’ve only lived in a rural-urban home all my life and I prefer the urban side of it…
10. What type of music do you prefer? Who is your favorite artist?
No preferences, I like music which resonates deep within me, which can directly touched my heart with its lyrics. Here’s my latest favourite song and artist, and I guess you won’t find it weird, since I supposed you’ve read my 7 random facts about me above:
Okay… this one’s better:
11. Aside from writing, do you have any other talents that you would like to share with the world?
Uhh… drawing I guess?
And the questions given are:
- What musical instrument would you like to play, and why?
I’d love to play the violin! Its sounds are just… wow… like… I don’t know, I love the fact that I can play very traditional old music and very rock n roll ones as well with it!
- Do you believe in ghosts ?
- If you had a chance to travel to Mars, would you?
Omg well of course!
- What is your favorite book, and why?
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. 1000+ pages of adventure and down-to-earth life of the people in the medieval ages. With so much pages, I got so attached to the characters and the environment that when I turned the last page I just felt so empty. That’s a book!
- What is your favorite gift someone has given you?
A surprise Christmas gift from my parents: Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol and a guide about it!
- Who is your favorite actor, and why?
Oh well… I don’t know. I watch many stuff and love many actors, but I love them only in those peculiar movies/series that I watch… Oh no, wait, JOHNNY DEPP!
- When are you the happiest?
*clears throat* I have it in mind, but I can’t seem to be capable of describing it… A weird feeling uh, to feel genuinely happy…
- What is your favorite zoo animal?
- Have you ever met a world-famous person, if so, did you talk to him/her?
- How many books do you think you read a year?
I don’t know but less and less every year 😦 Concerning reading, time is my enemy!
- Who is your favorite author?
Well, I have many favourite ones, but I think it’s L. J. Smith, because almost everything I’ve read by her is awesome! There’s Melissa Marr as well… oh no no the list will go on if I don’t stop now…
The HUG Award©
is for people with an expectant desire for the world, for which they: Hope for Love; Hope for Freedom; Hope for Peace;Hope for Equality; Hope for Unity; Hope for Joy and Happiness; Hope for Compassion and Mercy; Hope for Faith; Hope for Wholeness and Wellness; Hope for Prosperity; Hope for Ecological Preservation; Hope for Oneness
recognizes and honors those who help keep hope alive in our current world, which is plagued by war, natural disasters, and economic recession. They nurture hope, in any of the above areas (in italics), by the work they do, or in their personal lives with things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc.
is for people who, without giving up or compromising their own religious, spiritual, or political beliefs, are able to nurture hope and respect the dignity of all people.
is for those who, without bias or prejudice, use their resources and gifts to make the world a better place for everyone.
is for people who have a hope or an expectant desire that the work or talents they use in things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc., will make a positive impact on the world.
These people do not have to actively use the word “hope” in their work or creative talents. They only need be conscious of their desire to make the world a better place for everyone.
These people use their available resources–a smile, a hug, a helping hand, a listening ear, a voice, time, money, possessions, education, personality, talent, websites and blogs—to make a positive impact on the world and make the world a better place to live.
1. What is your favorite reading or writing spot? Why?
On my bed 🙂 Always there for me, away from everyone else, and so comfortable!
2. If you could re-write any novel what would it be?
It would be interesting to re-write the whole Harry Potter series but with his twin, a girl this time, as the main character, yes indeed, the Hogwarts experience seen from another perspective, a twin Harry had no idea of…
3. What is your favorite ink pen color?
4. What is the last book you read and what was the genre?
I think the last book I completed was the fifth book in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, which was of the fantasy genre.
5. If you could be a super villain who would you be and why?
Does Morgan Le Fay and Rumpelstiltskin count? If not, I’ll take Loki 😀
6. What is your most memorable writing experience?
Writing a complete crazy French fan fiction during one whole year… when I was 12-13. Awesome unique experience.
7. Do you listen to music all the time or rarely?
Between the two. Especially when travelling or doing homework like art or easy maths.
8. What are your blogging goals for 2013?
Reaching to a wider audience I suppose, but then also to post quality content, whatever is worthwhile to be shared on the internet, and put my writing to even brighter light!
9. What was your last post about?
A fiction story: The Voice Of a Writer.
10. Admit it, do you think you’re the cat’s meow?
What? LOL. Oh why not? I love cats anyway.
11. What is your favorite aspect about being a blogger/writer?
Getting completely lost in what you are doing. That’s called living our passion, actually. 🙂
Whew! That’s all! But…
One last thing before I come to the last step of getting blog awards,
I’m very humbled at having been nominated as one of the first winners of the Creative Dreamers Blog awards: I have been selected as being the Favourite Visual Design or Layout on a Blog! Thanks so much, readers of Creative Dreamers!
Now, I have to pass all these awards on to bloggers, and you know what I’ll do? Like most of the bloggers do nowadays: nominate all those that follow and read my blog! Yes, I’m the current Santa Claus of the blogosphere, and you, as one of my followers, are allowed to have any of these awards, if not all (well except for the Creative Dreamers one of course). It’s a gift! Pass it on, follow the rules, or simply keep it to yourselves, but accept them as my greatest gratitude for your support ♥
An Evil Nymph.