This week, the Daily post decided to choose the theme ‘From Above‘ for the photo challenge. And here’s my interpretation of it:
What are we really reaching out for in life? Money? Success? Love?
Or merely Happiness?
And when you’ve reached what you wanted, what do you do? Then, what happens?
You look back and realise you’ve missed a few steps. You wee too much in a hurry. Yet there is no return.
You just stare.
And you also realise that it isn’t happiness, whatever you were aiming at, that you’ve reached. Happiness isn’t necessary at the top, not forcibly unreachable or demanding a lot of effort.
Happiness resides within every step of the way that we call life. Often we do not recognise it. But it is present. In every smile. In every hug. In every kiss.
It always remains by our side. Then, it is up to us to see it. To believe in it.
Open your eyes, open your heart. Invite it.
And most of all, don’t be afraid of it. Don’t fear that it will leave you unexpectedly. It will never do this. But you might. And when you do, you might find it even more difficult to get it back. To grasp it again within your hand.
Yet it is always there.
Have faith, that’s all you need to know, that’s the real secret.
And be happy 🙂
An Evil Nymph.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above #2 (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (marichulambino.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (imperfecthappiness.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above III (mydogablog.com)