You’ve heard about the writer’s block, the artist’s. Well, here I’m going to talk to you about the blogger’s. Because, yes, bloggers can have this sudden drain of inspiration for new posts and thus are unable to go further into their blogging journey.
And I think that’s exactly what’s been hitting me these last few days.
(Here’s a random photo I took recently to make this post more colourful hehe)
Sometimes we just get caught up with other things as life gets in the way…
Well, today I’m breaking this blogger’s block by writing about blogger’s block! And by listing everything that’s been going on in my life lately and therefore what has been preventing me from being in touch here on this blog… and even on my YouTube channel!
1. Since the beginning of January I’ve been getting serious about applying to universities and that’s basically what I’ve been doing until last Wednesday, when all the deadlines were over.
2. A-level results are coming soon. Too soon. Everyone’s getting stressed out and everyone’s talking about it!
3. We had a Graduation/School Leavers Party on Thursday, which we had to prepare… and attend and have fun! 😀
4. I’m still serious about writing a book before I go to university! And I plan on writing a novel of at least 80,000 words, so I’ve been engulfed in my own little world almost everyday! I’m at about 26,000 words by the way now 🙂
5. I’m still doing the 2014 Reading Challenge organized by Goodreads, and out of 50 books I already read 4! Yay! So yeah that has taken up my time…
6. I’m addicted to music, but more specifically, EDM (Dubstep, Glitch Hop, etc…) and lately I’ve been spending most of my YouTube hours on music channels and I’ve also just signed up for SoundCloud haha! My username: ‘D_EvilNymph’ (of course!)
7. Chinese New Year is coming! 😀
Anyway, my life pattern has been… kind of stable and unstable at the same time… haha if you know what I mean, but maybe not, so I apologise for the lack of posts!
I may get back on track on this blog soon though, since I managed to upload a vlog yesterday:
Thus I’m getting back to my artistic routine 🙂
Have a great weekend!
An Evil Nymph.
5 thoughts on “The Blogger’s Block”
I’ve been blogging for a little over two years and I find inspiration comes and goes like the tides. It’s all good. About three times now I have taken a break for a couple weeks or more to recharge the batteries. I call it the Blogger’s flu and I think it’s all part of the creative process. It forces us to dig a little deeper and what can be found there can be the best that yet to be….a new book even.
I think you are a wonderful writer.
I’ve had writers block a few times 🙂
Have a break for a week or so, then come back fully charged…we aren’t going anywhere, although when you come back bring take away!
Breaks from blogging are a good idea, and a month ago I never thought that I would actually say that but by taking a break you have the opportunity to let your creative energy breathe. I’ve been on a blogging break for a month and as a result have come up with some new blogging ideas that I plan to talk about and write about whenever I do come back to my blog.
26,000 words into your novel good for you I hope the ideas keep coming and that you’ll add on another 26,000 words soon. 🙂
So much going on – of course blogging will be interrupted. Some people blog every day but most of us can’t and who’s to say that the quality of daily blogs is better of worse than those carried out at a more leisurely pace. I to have needed a break because of family issues but now I’m finding my feet again and catching up with you youngsters 😉 I hope you results are what you wanted and the future is good 🙂 And I look forward to seeing more of your art!