For Chinese New Year, I did an interesting experiment with my Nikon Coolpix p520, that of the famous light painting! Like this:
First, I’d like to share the video tutorial that led me to discover this amazing art:
Watch it if you want to know how to do it, because here I’m mainly going to show how it’s not necessary to have all these high tech equipments to achieve the same results.
Basically, here’s what you need to do light painting:
– Torches (any colour! or many colours! I actually used my phone’s flashlight, which was downloaded on Play Store :P)
– Any camera that can be manually set to low exposure (low shutter speed)
– Something stable to put your camera on, like a tripod.
– Preferably a remote control, like in the video above, so as to again minimize shakiness. Because pressing the shutter button directly can make the camera shaky, I guess.
– And most importantly: friends!!! Yeps, and have fun! I had my sister and cousins with me🙂