新年快乐! Happy new year! A Chinese year has passed already, the year of the Dragon is over and a new one, the year of the Snake, is starting!
I’m doing a Sunday post, I know, but this is to let you know that I won’t be at home on Monday and Tuesday, since from today I am going to celebrate the new year in a hotel! As the tradition wishes it to. Well, the Chinese-Mauritians’ tradition, hehe.
What I usually do for the Chinese New Year:
On the Chinese new year eve, we have a family dinner at my grandmother’s house. There’s a lot of food! 😀
We enjoy family moments, and later at midnight, we light firecrackers!
And also at 7.00 a.m. next morning.
Then we go to church, since we are also of the Catholic faith and every year, every church celebrates the new year with us, again by starting the mass with firecrackers.
After that… hotel time!
Don’t worry I’ll be back on Tuesday, thus on Wednesday you’ll hear from me 🙂
For all those who are celebrating, have fun! For the others… have fun as well!
May this year brings luck and success to all!
An Evil Nymph.
- Chinese world worries that Year of Snake may bite (dailystar.com.lb)
- Happy Chinese New Year! (stepintothecruz.wordpress.com)
- China Welcomes New Year With Fireworks (on.aol.com)
- The Chinese New Year: More About the Year of the Snake (theepochtimes.com)
- Chinese New Year 2013: Preparations On To Welcome Year Of Snake [PHOTOS] (ibtimes.com)
- What Chinese Say About People Born in the Year of the Snake (theepochtimes.com)
- Chinese New Year 2013 rings in Year of the Snake (earthsky.org)